Associate Professor of Materials
Interaction of biochemicals with ceramics. 3-D scaffolds for tissue engineering. Development of hierachically controlled structures. Mechanical properties of natural materials. Self-inflating tissue expanders.
- CBI/Toshiba Year of Invention, winner of University section, 1993
- APAX/ Oxford University Business Plan Competition, 2004
- Chemical Engineering Research and Design, Most cited author 2006-2009
- Founding Scientist of Oxtex Ltd 2011
- OBN Award for Best Emerging Medical Device Company 2011
- OBN Award for Best New Medical Device 2012
- ICIS Alpha Innovator of the Year 2016
- Director, Satie8 Ltd. 2017
Polymerization of chondroitin sulfate and its stimulatory effect on cartilage regeneration; a bioactive material for cartilage regeneration
Rashidi N. et al, (2022), Polymer Testing, 116
Development of Tri-layered Biomimetic Atelocollagen Scaffolds with Interfaces for Osteochondral Tissue Engineering.
Cao R. et al, (2022), Adv Healthc Mater
A Bilayer Osteochondral Scaffold with Self‐Assembled Monomeric Collagen Type‐I, Type‐II, and Polymerized Chondroitin Sulfate Promotes Chondrogenic and Osteogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Rashidi N. et al, (2022), Advanced NanoBiomed Research, 2, 2100089 - 2100089
Physiological and pharmacological stimulation for in vitro maturation of substrate metabolism in human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes.
CARR C. et al, (2021), Scientific Reports
Biomechanical Effects of Unidirectional Expansion Using Anisotropic Expanders in Horse Skin Tissue
Al-Majhali SH. et al, (2021), Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 99